Justinian is believed to have said: Νενίκηκά σε Σολομών or Soloman, I have surrpased you! Justinian is referring to the the temple built by solomon in ancient Judea, which was supposed to be a very grand temple. SO Justinian is simpely saying that the Hagia Sophia, that which he had ordered be built, was better than Soloman's temple in Judea.
Justinian was supposed to have said Νενίκηκά σε Σολομών about the Hagia Sophia. This translated becomes Solomon, I have surpassed you. Here Justinian is referencing the great temple that Solomon built. Justinian is saying that finally somebody has built something greater and grander than yours.
2 comments:
Justinian is believed to have said: Νενίκηκά σε Σολομών or Soloman, I have surrpased you! Justinian is referring to the the temple built by solomon in ancient Judea, which was supposed to be a very grand temple. SO Justinian is simpely saying that the Hagia Sophia, that which he had ordered be built, was better than Soloman's temple in Judea.
Justinian was supposed to have said Νενίκηκά σε Σολομών about the Hagia Sophia. This translated becomes Solomon, I have surpassed you. Here Justinian is referencing the great temple that Solomon built. Justinian is saying that finally somebody has built something greater and grander than yours.
Post a Comment